The Columbus Chamber is Your Business Advocate
Government is an important partner in making the Columbus Region a competitive place to do business. We work with city, county, state and federal policymakers on behalf of our members. We encourage you to contact us to advocate for you.
- We collect input from Chamber members and lawmakers to create a public policy agenda every year. Areas of focus have included Tax Reform, Healthcare, Education/Workforce Development, Regulation Reform and Infrastructure Investment.
- We track bills in these areas and educate legislators and local officials on legislation that may affect our members. This is accomplished by testifying in legislative committees, writing letters of support/opposition and meeting with policy makers face to face.
- We manage the Government Affairs Steering Committee, an incredibly diverse and seasoned group of lobbyists, who guide us in advocating for you.
Providing Access to Policymakers
The Columbus Chamber brings you directly in front of policy makers and administrators who can impact your business.
- Round Tables – Six times a year we offer intimate round tables that provide a forum for a meaningful dialogue between you and a public official.
- Government Day - Each Spring we hold one of the Chamber’s Signature events where numerous officeholders at all levels of government participate in the half day’s events alongside our members giving both groups an opportunity to exchange information and dive deeper into the issues that can affect your business.
- Individual Connection - Throughout the year there are times when our members need to develop relationships with certain elected officials or other businesses that may share similar concerns. We not only help to facilitate those meetings but offer counsel on other networking opportunities.