For Immediate Release
What’s happening at the Columbus Chamber and with our members? In this section you will find a complete catalog of our recent and archived press releases.
To arrange an interview with a member of the Columbus Chamber team, contact:
Michelle Bretscher, APR
Director, Marketing and Communication
October 22, 2012
Columbus Chamber Announces Award Finalists for Nov. 13 Business Summit
Awards to recognize business leaders in categories ranging from innovation to diversity
Columbus, OH – The Columbus Chamber today announced the award finalists for its upcoming Business Summit, planned for November 13 at The Renaissance Columbus Downtown.
The finalists were chosen based on their strengths in the identified categories, resulting from an open nomination process in July. More than 150 nominations were received. Finalists include:
- Lisa Huang, president of Advanced Engineering Consultants
- Wayne “Skip” Stringfield, owner/president of Coalesce Software, Inc.
- Otto Beatty, III and Brian Brooks, co-owners of E.E. Ward Moving & Storage Co. LLC
- Mohan Viddam and Sanjay Dudaney, CEO and president, respectively, of Halcyon Solutions
- Parker MacDonell, principal of Invergarry Partners
- Pamela Springer, president/CEO of Manta Media
- Debra Jasper and Betsy Hubbard, co-founders of Mindset Digital, LLC
- Michelle Kerr, president of Oxford Consulting Group, Inc.
- Michelle Galligan, CEO of ViaVero Consulting
Finalists will be recognized for Summit Awards in the following categories, with one recipient selected in each:
- Adapt and Innovate – recognizes those who evolved their business ahead in spite of economic obstacles and other challenges. Presented by Award Partner Oxford Consulting.
- Diversity Leadership – honors a minority or woman-owned business leader that promotes an atmosphere of inclusion within his or her day-to-day business operations. Presented by Award Partner Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP.
- Emerging Excellence – highlights the leadership of one of the region’s newest businesses that is finding success and gaining prominence in the marketplace. Presented by Award Partner OhioHealth.
- Young Professional Leadership – recognizes an outstanding young professional who is already making a positive impact with his or her talents and abilities. Presented by Award Partner Aileron.
Award recipients will be announced during the luncheon portion of the Business Summit, which also will include a keynote address from Mark Kvamme, former president of JobsOhio. Prior to the luncheon, attendees will participate in high-impact, interactive panel discussions focused on branding and entrepreneurship.
The event runs from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The Renaissance Columbus Downtown. Tickets, which include the morning sessions and luncheon award program, are $75 and are available at columbus.org/summit.
The event continues the Chamber’s and its Small Business Council’s tradition of the Small Business Forum and Leader Awards and the organization’s long history of supporting and honoring the business community.
The Columbus Chamber Business Summit is presented by Commerce National Bank, presenting partner Columbus C.E.O Magazine, and honorary chair Mike Rosati of Rosati Windows. Additional support from AEP Energy, Big Lots, City of Columbus, State Auto Insurance Companies and Wells Fargo.