In the News
We are getting noticed around the region and the globe. Read how the Columbus Chamber, our members and the Columbus business community are making headlines.
To arrange an interview with a member of the Columbus Chamber team, contact:
Michelle Bretscher, APR
Vice President, Marketing and Communication
W: (614) 225.6908
May 21, 2012
KeyBank Closes Doors at Noon for 22nd Annual "Neighbors Make the Difference Day"
Who: Nearly 150 KeyBank employees in the Columbus area…
What: …will leave their bank offices at noon, change from business suits into jeans and T-shirts, and work on community projects for Key’s 22nd annual Neighbors Make the Difference Day
When: Thursday, May 24, 2012 from 1:00 pm-5:00 pm
Where: There are several projects in the area. Here are some highlights:
- Capital Area Humane Society, 3015 Scioto-Darby Executive Ct., Hilliard, landscaping. KeyBank site manager is Sharon Crowley, 614-579-8924.
- Columbus Zoo, 4850 Powell Road, Powell, landscaping. KeyBank site manager is Tammy Siders, 614-371-2118.
- Flying Horse Farms, 5260 State Route 95, Mt. Gilead, landscaping, cabin cleaning and preparation. KeyBank site manager is Shelley Wanamaker, 614-208-6548.
- Step by Step Academy, 445 E. Dublin Granville Rd., Worthington, outside building beautification. KeyBank site manager is Amy Sweeney, 614-800-2806.
- YWCA Family Center, 900 Harvey Court, Columbus, landscaping. KeyBank site manager is Dina Shultz, 419-348-0746
Why: KeyBank is committed to the communities we serve. This annual volunteer day is one of our most visible community projects.
On Neighbors Make the Difference Day, more than 8,000 employees from Maine to Alaska will be making a difference in their respective communities. That adds up to more than 32,000 employee volunteer hours across the US and almost $900,000 in salary equivalent.
Notes: In the past 22 years, Key employees have given more than half a million volunteer hours through Neighbors Day.