By Robbie Banks,Young Professionals Manager, Columbus Chamber
Join our region's future leaders at the next Young Professionals’ Exchange: idUS | A Celebration of Innovation & Design on Tuesday, August 28 from 4-5:30 p.m. at DeVry University. Sponsored by the Columbus Chamber, YP Exchange forums provide an opportunity to network and learn about some of today's important topics and issues.
For this YP Exchange, we are hosting a panel discussion that will feature several collaborators who are participating in idUS, a multi-day experience of innovation and design that exemplifies Columbus’ identity as a smart and open community from September 28 to October 8, 2012. The discussion will be moderated by Melanie McIntyre, editorial director of The Metropreneur. Panelists and presenters include:
- Andy Aichele – Curator, TEDxYouth@Columbus
- Irene Alvarez – Account Supervisor, Fahlgren Mortine
- Michael Bongiorno, AIA – Principal, DesignGroup/Director, Columbus Design Week
- John Daugherty – Chief Creative Officer, Vital Companies/Co-Director, FFOCOL
- Amy Lowe – Community Affairs Coordinator, Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC)/Event Coordinator, EcoSummit 2012
- Shannon Morrison – Creative Director & Principal, IM Creative (producers of idUS)
After the YP Exchange, please join us for the Columbus Chamber Business AfterHours hosted by DeVry University from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Admission for YPs is free for both the YP Exchange and Business AfterHours. All are welcome to attend. Register to attend now.
This event is a perfect opportunity to be informed, ask questions and discover opportunities to be actively engaged with idUS personally or on behalf of your company or organization. (Not to mention, terrific networking with other YPs and experienced professionals immediately after at the Business AfterHours.) Please help us spread the word on Facebook and Twitter (hashtag #ypx). We look forward to seeing new and familiar faces there!